Sitting here with a glass of red wine in my hand, as I usually do on Friday nights, inspired this post. I have heard that drinking red wine has health and heart benefits, but I wanted to know exactly what those were. So, after doing a bit of research, this is the simple list I have acquired:
1. Red wine has antioxidants . This helps stave off heart disease because it protect your arteries from clotting.
2. It boosts your levels of “good cholesterol.”
3. Resveratrol, made from the skin of grapes, can help lower blood sugar and blood pressure.
4. Resveratrol can also help keep your memory in check, boost your brain.
5. Could potentially stave of certain types of cancer.
6. Also shows help in keeping the waist line slim!
If these reasons haven’t convinced you enough, then I don’t know what to say! So ladies [and gentlemen] who have a bottle of red wine at home…uncork and drink up! [ in moderation, of course ]
Happy Friday everyone!